Companies, institutions, and NGOs are finding a viable vehicle in MOOCs for both internal training and development as well as for external educational and communication activities. How are businesses taking advantage of this educational technology? What models are used? Which content do they use? On-the shelve MOOCs provided by HE institutions or companies? Content build internally by their experts? What particular needs arise for platforms for this particular use case? Are there differences in the requirements between enterprises and institutions or NGOs. Are there special needs for SMEs?
Which e-learning strategies beyond MOOCs are interesting for enterprises, institutions, NGOs, and SMEs? Are there policy issues on LLL education or professional training?
The digitalization of life-long learning provides opportunities for start-ups supporting the e-learning experience. How do these startups address the market? Do they have specific actions toward large companies, SMEs? Are there opportunities that provide valid business models for start-ups in this area?
Carlos Delgado Kloos, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
Catherine Mongenet, France Université Numérique (FUN), France
Thomas Staubitz, Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI), Germany
Relevant topics include, but are not restricted to:
– Enterprise MOOCs, platforms, courses, models
– MOOCs for enterprise communication and marketing strategies
– MOOCs for on-the-job/off-the-job trainings
– MOOCs for recruitment
– MOOCs for public organizations and NGOs
– MOOCs for SMEs
– Start-ups providing technology support in the context of MOOCs and online learning
– Open Source projects
– University/corporate partnerships in the context of MOOCs and online learning
The business track will feature several panel discussions and breakout sessions. Furthermore, a networking session is planned.
Call for Proposals
Proposals for possible panel topics, panelists, or breakout sessions that fit into the relevant topics are very welcome.
• 09 Mar 2017: Proposal submissions for Business Track
• 11 Apr 2017: Notification of acceptance/rejection
Submissions will be handled through EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=emoocs2017). The use of supplied proposal template [Link to attached template] is mandatory. When submitting the proposal, please indicate its track in the submission process.
Business Track Committee
- Dhawal Shah, Class Central, Founder/CEO, USA
- Christian Friedl, FH Joanneum, Austria
- Karina Piersig, German Graduate School of Management and Law, Germany
There will be no proceedings for the business track.